Clutch Parts in Australia

Merv

I will drop my motor (1962/BT6) at some stage in December to do a number of things: clean or replace the oil cooler, clean up the tinware, replace the starter bushing, and check the clutch.  The clutch is working fine with no shudder or slip but most of these things are preventative, rather than necessary.

I have a Sachs 180mm clutch plate that is correct, but not the sprung pressure plate.  I can see that, and the alternative part numbers, available overseas (http://www.kakapart.com/search/directsearch/porsche-61611601201 ) but if possible I wanted to get it in Australia. I also had the belief that there was a VW plate that would work fine with the 180mm clutch.

Any sources or suggestions?

Thanks

Merv

Merv. I put a VW set in mine a few years back and removed it within 2 months. Couldn't live with the shudder. Don't know the No's for the Porsche bits that replaced it but they came from Phil Hearn at Auto coupe in Eltham. I don't have Phil's current contact No. as he's not there now. They may still be able to help.

Auto Coupe PTY Ltd.
Address: 5/1 Brisbane St, Eltham VIC 3095
Phone: (03) 9431 1663

Thanks for that.  Did you have them balanced and fitted to the flywheel face? Shouldn't be needed but some times it does. Was the driven plate/disc one with or without springs?

VW one had springs so the shudder was not expected. Was mostly on the down shift which was strange. No issues withe the correct one at all.

Neither one was balanced and matched to flywheel.

Archived