TPC DSC Review on my 911

Jkay

Hello All

I got myself a 997 Turbo Cab a few months ago after always wanting a 911. 

It never felt quite as I imagined it to feel and I was having trouble bonding with the car (completely stock standard) . Acceleration was fine but it was the suspension I didn't like. My 2011 Honda Civic Hatch felt better to me. 

It felt way too bouncy especially at the rear, seemed to dive heavily under braking, and felt very floaty to me. Like many others, I also felt that PASM in sport mode was too stiff and I didn't use it much at all. 

Heard about the DSC Module from TPC and ordered one. It arrived in Australia 3 days later (this morning) and I got stuck in immediately. The new units now have the updated software which eliminates the blinking PASM light. There were previously 3 modes, soft medium and hard (no light, steady light and flashing light), but the new software makes it display as if it were stock, i.e. 2 modes with no light and a steady light. 

Took me around 5 mins to install, and I had a quick drive around the city. I couldn't really open her up on the streets of inner Sydney, but I felt a difference right away.

Firstly it didn't feel floaty and bouncy anymore, and whenever i got on the brakes there was no more dive as previously experienced. It also surprisingly feels more comfortable than my car did with the stock PASM unit. 

Then came the speed humps and potholes. I would previously feel the rear pogo-ing about overtime I went over any bumps, but now it just feels settled, absorbs the bump then carries on without hopping up and down, all at no expense to comfort. 

What amazes me is the way it seems to make my 911 feel tighter, yet at the same time feels better over bumps. 

Tom@TPC was also great to deal with the whole time, making things easy. Very happy with this, which cost me just slightly more than what 2 rear tyres would cost. 

I will be going on some proper drives soon hopefully, and am looking forward to seeing how things feel when pressing on a bit.

Thanks
Jkay

I've been thinking about getting this for mine. Great early review. Look forward to seeing more when you put it up to some harsher treatment.

Hey P

Will definitely let you know how I go as I get more time behind the wheel. For someone who is very much a fan of OEM, this is in my opinion one of the best upgrades you can do. 

DSC in stiff mode feels better to me than PASM in soft mode. 

I got one early this year for the GT3 and it has transformed the car.The std setup is piss poor by comparison,with way too much pitching and diving in normal mode and too stiff in sport mode to render it virtually unusable on our goat tracks. The car now, even in normal mode sits as flat as a tack during hard cornering and braking, without being upset by mid corner bumps. Sport mode is firmer without being at all harsh. It's almost a bit surreal how it seems to enable flat cornering and bump compliance simultaneously.

Archived