Live re-map in Sydney

944s2cab

Unless you already have an aftermarket standalone system, if you think someone is going to connect your car to a laptop and program it on the fly, be prepared for a disappointment.  Remapping of these systems is by chip replacement, by removing and opening up the ECU, prising out the old chip and inserting a different one with a new and hopefully improved map.  That done, if the chip is kosher, such as ProMax http://www.promaxmotorsport.co.uk/category/21-944-performance-upgrades.aspx, expect a maybe 10kW increase in output.  Recommend you talk to Buchanan Motors about the way forward. ;)

Another option you have for your S2 is the VEMS replacement ECU. I've read it's a direct plug in to the factory harness, fires straight up on a self learning/autotune map and has all the modern features to replace the outdated Motronic unit. Worth a look.

Rob, I believe it's got a Promax motorsport chip in at the moment, So could this be live mapped?

Justin, VEMS looks interesting, I've actually contacted the guy (Peep) about it, Seriously thinking about it, cost is around $1800 all in, 

Rob, I believe it's got a Promax motorsport chip in at the moment, So could this be live mapped?

Don't know what security ProMax have on their chip.  It may be able to be reprogrammed, but that would be on a chip burner, out of the car, not live...

Archived