930 lowering.

930_outlaw

Hey Guys, If there is a post already about this please link it in! 

My 930 have been lowered.... a lot.... but it is retaining all the OG Bilstein Struts and shocks.... so I have little to no travel left. 

I dont think Coil overs are for me as Im not tracking my car.... I just like where the car sits and just want a better ride. 

Ive read that you can send your struts away so that the hub can be re-welded up higher... giving more travel. Not sure about the rears? are there lowered shocks that anyone can recommend? 

Any info on what others have done would be great. Im going to pop a shock tower at this rate lol 

Cheers! 

Your problem might be more torsion bar related? Too big?

Do you think its just been wound down to far? Im just assuming my shocks are completely compressed and have nothing to give. 

anyone know the cleanest way to stay low but with a bit of comfort? 

I don't really know - I haven't played around with mine much. My 930's all stock height, bars, shocks. The others have slightly uprated torsion bars but they're both fine for ride quality, just a little firmer. They're lowered a bit but not quite as much as yours. I don't know how low is too low. Just give someone like Darren at Auto Coupe or any of the workshops a call - they'll know and are all pretty happy to help with advice from my experience.

Bump steer is the first problem that creeps in when you get low. You can raise your steering rack with spacers but it will not make the problem vanish completely.

My first question would be, how old are the shocks? If they are old then a new set might tidy up the ride a bit.

Tyre size will also be a consideration.

At the end  of the day you are driving a weapon.  Such feats of performance can not be gained in ugg boots. The ride should not be compared to any other passenger car. It's not a fair comparison.

All the guards on mine are around 600mm of the road. I've got new bilstiens all round. All new bushes in factory rubber. Bottoming out is not an issue.

The ride is harsh at low speeds. The faster you go the smoother it all gets. 

that aint low :ph34r: (smaller wheels might help)

IMG_6026_zpseevhkkpw.jpg

that's not a knife. .. lol , not a competition post. Smaller wheels will get my car lower to the ground... but that's not what I'm after. I have zero guard rub so wheels are not my concern. 

Shady, thanks for the heads up. Shocks are old... I'm pretty sure they are OG and pretty stuffed. I think I'll just replace everything with new factory stuff and see how that helps. All my other cars that I've sacked I'm using lowered shocks and or coilovers... just thought there might of been an off the shelf solution that someone had figured out saving me from doing all my own research haha. I'll get it dialed  . 

Cheets ! 

That 930 is mint! I think mine is a bit lower again... and yes Im sure its the shock bottoming out. Anyone local that sells off the shelf lowered ones ? or do I send them OS to get shortened

See if this pic works

930.jpg

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

maybe you should take it to a suspenion place and get them to check your shockies.  If they're crook replace them.  Does the car rebound properly when you push it down? Google how to test your shocks.  Your car looks the business by the way.

Archived