Fister muffler exhaust solution for sale cheap!

exLotus

Hi all,

I found a local exhaust fabricator who can do the stainless steel pipes like the fister exhaust. I have 2 sets of mufflers. 1 from my car and the other one i am buying from Ian. 

I am going to get him to make me 2 sets to bring the cost of customising the pipes down. 

I am willing to sell the second set which includes muffler and 2 customised 1.25 inch stainless steel tubes welded into the muffler for $710

The performance exhaust fabricator will fit it for you around the $200 mark or you can take it to any exhaust shop to get it fitted.

No they just cut the holes and weld in the pipe ,,,different size pipes give you varying sound types mine has the 40mm cross over ,,,but you can go larger up to 60mm ,,the larger the pipe the deeper to sound and also louder ,,,I like the 40mm it has a kind of howl about it very classic flat six sound , not too loud and suites the car perfectly .............:D

5_Fister_996_997_Modification.jpg

Click on the image below and you can hear my 997,s :P

th_997%20with%20fister%20D%20mufflers.mp

No they just cut the holes and weld in the pipe ,,,different size pipes give you varying sound types mine has the 40mm cross over ,,,but you can go larger up to 60mm ,,the larger the pipe the deeper to sound and also louder ,,,I like the 40mm it has a kind of howl about it very classic flat six sound , not too loud and suites the car perfectly .............:D

5_Fister_996_997_Modification.jpg

Click on the image below and you can hear my 997,s :P

th_997%20with%20fister%20D%20mufflers.mp

Beautiful  is all i can say !

Okay. Just picked up my 986 modded exhaust from hitechheaders in sunshine. Dwayne was superb to deal with...nearly as superb as Niko. :)

If you are interested in doing the mod, please speak to Dwayne and tell him Lyndon sent you down.  He charged me $700.

I am trying to attach photos i took from the mobile but cannot seem to upload due to file restrictions.

Sorry guys i have decided to keep the spare exhaust for rwc if i sell in the future.

Ohhh my goodness ! All I have to say is the mod liberated the flat 6 !  

Just got the car back. The Boxster S muffler did not fit my 2.7 properly so considerable time was spent getting it to fit. Please learn from my experience by ensuring that you first ensure the muffler you are buying fits. My recommendation is to use your own muffler for the mod.

There is zero drone. I will write more to describe the sound later tonight but its a must do mod for sure !

The mod is actually very simple so any exhaust fabricator should be able to do it. You don't need to travel to sunshine. Dwayne from hitech headers is good but his prices are nothing special. You may be able to do the same job cheaper elsewhere.

Good to hear you are very happy with it ,,,,I was and still am very happy with my Fister D mod it is a great sound and you find your self bliping the throttle on every shift ,,,,happy you like it ...........enjoy 

And if any one in Sydney wants this mod done drop me a Pm ...:D

Good to hear you are very happy with it ,,,,I was and still am very happy with my Fister D mod it is a great sound and you find your self bliping the throttle on every shift ,,,,happy you like it ...........enjoy 

And if any one in Sydney wants this mod done drop me a Pm ...:D

yes. I was giggling like a little child as i blip the throttle at every chance...in every tunnel..in every car park. I also had modified exhaust on my mx5 and lotus elise but this freakin porsche flat 6 just sound like utter exotic madness ! I also get the nice gurgling sound when i lift off throttle. I think the aust boxsters get it because we have one less cat in the exhaust compared to the yanks. The best part about the new sound is that it does not fill the cabin like it did with my elise so you can still enjoy your music with a symphony of flat 6 sound trailing behind. In the elise, it felt shit because the entire sound would just dominate even when its not wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived