Introduction - new to me 997.1 Carrera S

Hi All,

I have been enjoying your forum over the past few weeks. I thought that i would introduce myself and put up a few pictures of my 2005 997 Carrera S. It is a pretty basic spec. Sports Chrono, Bi Xenons, White Dials, Arctic Silver.

I came out of an Audi B6S4 with quite a few mods. The 997 is my first Porsche. I have always had sporty cars, including a Peugeot 205 GTI and a Nissan 350Z.

So far i have had custom number plate brackets made up by lakinplates.com.au to mount my slimline vic plates with no holes. Very good result and got rid of the cheap plastic front mount from Porsche.

I put in the mobridge bluetooth and iPod connect. Not overly happy with this system, the integration / interface of the iPod with PCM is crap at best. Sound quality of the bluetooth is acceptable, however not fantastic. The bluetooth sometimes drops the connection with my iPhone 4S.

I need to update the map in the PCM. If anyone has a 'back up disc' please PM me.

I have ordered some parts for the exhaust from AWE. Hi Flow HJS cats, mufflers and 90mm quad tips. These should arrive over the next couple of weeks - so looking forward to getting a bit more noise out of the car.

I am considering DRLs but waiting for them to come down in price a bit from the $500+ that they are for sale online for.

I have booked a Porsche DE day in May.

Apart from that, just loving the interaction with a proper drivers car.

I am looking forward to joining some of you on a drive day soon!

cheers,

Will

post-725-0-21541800-1331452777_thumb.jpepost-725-0-25008100-1331452782_thumb.jpe

Hi Will,

Welcome....great looking Porsche you have there; I really like the 997. You mention a Porsche "DE day", can you fill me in on what that is about? Interested to know.

Look forward to meeting you at some stage, once my old "78 Sc catches up !!

cheers

Peter :) :)

Archived