ccu removal

Funbug

You're using the wire keys through the front panel to disengage the tabs?

They look like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Radio-REMOVAL-Tool-Key-Set-Car-Audio-Stereo-CD-Release-Auto-Ford-Holden-DIN-Sing-/322089432382?hash=item4afe06b53e:g:tEIAAOSwsN9XAIQ1

Or are you talking about disconnecting the rear electrical plug?

Are you following one of the useful threads on here or Rennlist to do the replacement?

Have you said goodbye to your loved ones for 10hours? :D

Sometimes the keys will go in to far and will actual jam the locks so maybe try at different penetrations.

Are you able to feel the back of the unit while you do this so you might be able to feel when each side unlocks as you wiggle the key.

Success at last!!! Struggled for 2 hours without any luck. Got a 12 piece car audio and interior removal kit from Jaycar (no relationship) and the tool went in the correct distance and the ccu was out in less than a minute.

Funbags,

I found this useful:

http://www.pcarworkshop.com/index.php/993_-_A/C_Evaporator_Replace

Since there were minor variations across the model year, I would suggest taking photos of the air flap actuator arm locations before you actually disassemble the air box to avoid some later headscratching.

Also, to save money and time I found the only other useful thing I've learnt is that the standard receiver dryer for 993/964's and I guess from the part number, 944's as well (Part No. 944-573-143-01) is the same used in Toyota Camry's 1993 to 2002 and many other cars.

I've found Autofrost at Milperra (02 9774 4133) good to deal with the two I've bought to date and their part number for a generic one is RD 7001. Cost $17.50 

Do you have to remove the expansion valve to  crack the air box?

Dont remember having to actually remove it,  however at some point it needs to come off. Which evaporator are you replacing it with? 

Have you said goodbye to your loved ones for 10hours? :D

Only 10 hours..... You did well! ?

Archived