Stock fuel lines to AN6

Cheshire Cat

Hey guys, well... While working on my project I`ve got stuck with a simple and silly thing. I have an AN8 fuel rails with all the lines around them AN6 leaving the original metal lines. So, to connect to the metal fuel feed (and return) I need a M14x1,5 to AN6 adapter. Simple right? 

Not really, since the original female line end has a bit of a tricky tapered shape just a simple M14 to AN6 adapter doesn`t work. The thread length is not long enough and doesn`t have a right shape. So I have a massive leak from the joint.

pic33.JPG

On the picture it`s the end of the green tube. 

So, my question is - how to fix this? What sort of adapter to use and where to buy one? Probably I could use a washer or similar, it`s just a 1-1,5 mm to have.

Thanx in advance.

Are you saying that the M14 end of the adaptor doesn't have a conical face that matches the flare on the green tube?

Maybe a photo of the separated connection might make things clearer especially if you can push the flare nut down the green tube to expose the tube end.

Are you saying that the M14 end of the adaptor doesn't have a conical face that matches the flare on the green tube?

Maybe a photo of the separated connection might make things clearer especially if you can push the flare nut down the green tube to expose the tube end.

Exactly what I mean Peter. The problem with it that the flare nut doesn`t go all the way up and it travels for about a 1-1,5 mm. And the fuel comes out of the flare nut bottom,

Have you tried Speedpro?

didn't try them yet. But pretty sure they don't have any. But will check out laters. 

well, done all the homework with this one as well. Len's could make an adaper for about 35$ each. 

Anyway, I've found something that looks like the thing and ordered them yet. Will see in a week or so. If succeed - I'll let u all know. 

• 3 weeks later...

George, AN fittings (stands for Army & Navy) is the same as JIC.  Ryco and Child do adapters to metric. I think you may need an M7L-1409 for male/male adapter.

honestly, I`m tired of trying. all of this takes so much time...

Anyway, seems like the only option (if not to mention one above) is to order this adapters from Leonard for 35$ (aka Len Cummingz from Pelican Parts) each. Those I have ordered a week and something ago don`t work. They have some angles but overall length is not right. 

What I`m trying to do now - I have put some seals which come with injectors I`m using and put them in to those nuts to use with regular m14 to AN6 adapters. Not sure if it`s gonna work, cos so far I`ve found lots of leaks so have to fix them first. Meanwhile Leonard from the U.S. might have another client.

Archived