997 GT2 & 996 Turbo

Welcome aboard Mark.

Kudos on the wheels... very nice rides! That black beast is the one I want to grab by the scruff of the neck and give a good shaking to.... more likely, I'd get a bitch-slap back!

Maybe you could give us a report on how you find it, along with some pics? :rolleyes:;) (Wheres the emoticon for dribbling?)

Cheers,

Kerry

Maybe you could give us a report on how you find it, along with some pics? :rolleyes:;) (Wheres the emoticon for dribbling?)

Cheers,

Kerry

Both cars are awesome packages.

The 996TT : have owned this for 2.5 years, very low km. List of mods fitted over the past two yrs.

Factory short shift, Europipe exhaust, RS light weight flywheel, Sach clutch, UMW 1 bar ECU flash, Forge BOV, X73 Suspension package, RS motor mount, Big yellow 6 pistons Porsche brake w/350mm rotors, 997 GT3 wheels…etc. Overall it is an outstanding car.

The 997 GT2 : Owned this for about 6 weeks. Have recently ordered a RS Tuning package ex Germany, should be here mid December.

Comparing the two, As expected the GT2 is much stiffer & firmer. A little more lag with the GT2, but it just continues to pull. The 996TT feels a little more stable on the road possibly due to the extra front end weight with the AWD. Here’s a few pics of both P-cars

DSC00233.jpg

P1010126.jpg

P1010007.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00266-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mark,

You are one very lucky man.

I am guessing you,

1. won the lottery,

2. you are a rock star,

3. founded MicroSoft,

4. ....

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe just part of the "Lucky Basket Club"?!

Thanks for the run down on your cars Mark. Hope to see you come for a spin one Sunday morning,

Cheers,

Kerry

• 3 weeks later...

Kerry, Which Sunday mornings are the drives ?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

9fan has proposed a drive on Sunday the 17th Jan, which I'm hoping to make... see here. He has also suggested the Hanging Rock Car Show in Feb which I'm definitely down for.

Rob, David and Steve (987, webrest & steve porter respectively) have also put up their hands to organise a run up in the Yarra Valley and surrounds in January, but a date has yet to be fixed.

I, on the other hand, require very little convincing to be a part of a run at any time! You must have a bit of local knowledge of the roads down your way... fancy a blast sometime soon?

Kerry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

Congratulations on owning such fine machines, they look awesome.

I also like the fact you are in Mt Martha, thats a dream of mine to live in such a beautiful location. Lucky you! Hope to see the cars in the flesh at some stage. If you are going on the drive aroud the two bays in Feb, will prbably catch up then.

Kindest regards

Chris

Hi Mark,

Congratulations on owning such fine machines, they look awesome.

I also like the fact you are in Mt Martha, thats a dream of mine to live in such a beautiful location. Lucky you! Hope to see the cars in the flesh at some stage. If you are going on the drive aroud the two bays in Feb, will prbably catch up then.

Kindest regards

Chris

Chris, Thanks your comments. Sorry for my ignorance….what is the two bays drive ?

Cheers

Mark

OOPs, Sorry Mark, I just realsied that you may not be a member of PCV I shouldnt have made that assuption sorry about that.

C

Sounds like a great opportunity to join us on Valentines Day at Hanging Rock PFA/PCV day to meet some of the gang from both sides of the fence... ?

Kerry

Sounds like I should become a PCV member.

The social side is good, and there is no cheaper or safer way to track your car thats for sure. You're welcome to come and attend any of our events and just have a look, see how it feels...

The next club night is tomorrow night, and then Philip Island in early February and Sandown for a Regularity day in late Feb.

Let us know if you're interested and they'll be at least one of us around to say hi.

Cheers,

Kerry

D'Oh!!!

16th February is the club night, not tomorrow night :rolleyes:

Kerry

Thanks Kerry,

I am good for the club night Feb 16.

Cheers

Mark

PS. Just checked out your website, I need a profession like you…spending time with beautiful women :D:D:D

PS. Just checked out your website, I need a profession like you…spending time with beautiful women :D:D:D

LOL!

Thats what my friends all think - "if you need an assistant in that swimwear catalogue shoot?!", etc etc . Like anything in life, to get good at it you just have to work bloody hard. I guess in the same way Porsche salesmen get a bit blasé about cars that others spend every waking hour lusting after... a pretty girl is just a pretty girl, and pretty girls aren't always as pretty on the inside as the out!

But sure, better than photographing sand crabs all day!

:)

Cheers,

Kerry

Archived