996 Transmission Fluid.

Jim45

Jim,

There is a marked difference between the genuine Porsche transmission fluid and "any" 75W90 oil - especially when the gearbox is cold. They say that the fluid is specially formulated by Shell and is not available through normal outlets. Don't let anyone convince you the standard Mobil / Castrol 75W90 gear oils are equal to the genuine article - they may work but not as well.

The Porsche 1 litre bottle is part #999.917.546.00. I got mine over the counter from Porsche Centre Brisbane.

Cheers all

Change....

Jim,

There is a marked difference between the genuine Porsche transmission fluid and "any" 75W90 oil - especially when the gearbox is cold. They say that the fluid is specially formulated by Shell and is not available through normal outlets. Don't let anyone convince you the standard Mobil / Castrol 75W90 gear oils are equal to the genuine article - they may work but not as well.

The Porsche 1 litre bottle is part #999.917.546.00. I got mine over the counter from Porsche Centre Brisbane.

When I said any I was thinking - Mobil Delvac / Swepco 210 etc.

I might try walking into Alexandria tomorrow as the assistant I spoke to had no idea tbh...

Appreciate the part no.

Cheers

Jim.

Archived