Club Reg victoria

folks, apologies if this has been covered, I looked but this site is bigger than Wikipedia..!!

can someone give me a quick rundown on getting club rego. I understand a roadworthy,mand club membership are key, but are there clubs that are better than others..?

previously been a member of PCV, but didn't get value out of it......

appreciate any any feedback,

It's been a while since I've run club reg but back then there was a massive difference between clubs.  I joined PIARC because I'd heard the guy that signs off is "flexible".  

He put my car up on the hoist and had a cursory poke around then signed the form and I was away.  It was a gutted Datsun 1600 track car with full cage, low, big wheels, single seat and harness and a massive turbo hanging off it with a methanol injection tank in the boot.  It was a hoot getting around in that thing on the road but a bit crazy really.

im probably the reason they tightened the rules!  I understand you need RWC these days which prevents track cars getting through.  Not too many people dodgying roadworthies these days so I imagine that levels the playing field.

@Hugh were Maserati easy to deal with for club reg?   

@Hugh were Maserati easy to deal with for club reg?   

Getting the RW I'd be guessing maybe the hard bit for some looking to register track cars etc. But so long as you have a RW its just a case of filling out the required paperwork and getting it signed off by the club secretary - pretty straight forward. I've generally just dropped past the home of the clubs secretary and done the paperwork on the spot. Worth noting that they also need photos of each side of the car, engine/vin plate etc. on a USB to keep on file (Vic Roads requirement). 

I have 3 cars on club permit with the Maserati club, you have to get the renewals signed each year but I've never had an issue. No issue in recommending them to anyone who is looking for a good local club. 

List of eligible clubs here.

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/car-clubs-and-associations

I am a member of TYP901, but this club requires your first permit car to be a 901.  You also need to send up teen pics of the car to the club.

I'm guessing sending in teen pics might put more than a few people off especially if you want to stay out of jail :)

Hi All,
         I'm on the verge of setting up a very easy 'no hassle' German Car Club with very cheap membership ~$66 for those needing basic club registration without all the PCV commitments. I'm also happy to sponsor a yearly event. Would there be any interest from those here in this type of membership?

Like the post if you are interested!

thanks

Greg

It's been a while since I've run club reg but back then there was a massive difference between clubs.  I joined PIARC because I'd heard the guy that signs off is "flexible".  

He put my car up on the hoist and had a cursory poke around then signed the form and I was away.  It was a gutted Datsun 1600 track car with full cage, low, big wheels, single seat and harness and a massive turbo hanging off it with a methanol injection tank in the boot.  It was a hoot getting around in that thing on the road but a bit crazy really.

im probably the reason they tightened the rules!  I understand you need RWC these days which prevents track cars getting through.  Not too many people dodgying roadworthies these days so I imagine that levels the playing field.

So YOU'RE the one!

I drove it very sedately on the road and even had a few occasions where cops drove straight past without a second glance.  The system was very loose and there must have been all sorts of crazy machines getting around and not all as sensibly driven.........

Archived