928 Fuel Line Replacement

Paul Carrera

Thought it was time I changed my high pressure fuel lines on the 928 after reading all the horror stories about cars going up in flames. 

A couple of questions firstly there seems to be differing opinions on the type of clamps and lines to use so has anyone done this and what did you use?

Also how many lines are there in a 84 S2 4.7. There are the 8 onto the injectors and after a quick look there appear to be 3 other sections, am I missing any

I recently did the flexible fuel lines on my 924. I believe the 928 uses similar technology with the flexible pipes, this being cohline flexible hose with the barbed pushed into the line. While reading about the various options I did come across some posts suggesting that the barbs that push into the flexible hose is not suited for pipes that require clamps to hold. Others disagree however I decided to replace like for like and purchased cohline hose and inserted the barbs into this.

Others suggest that the cohline hose is old technology that isn't suited to modern fuel....  so whatever you do you'll find an opinion for and against. 

I do agree that you should do the hoses. I was amazed at how much tighter the connection between the barb and hose is with my refurbished lines. 

• 1 month later...

Small update. I have since put my rebuilt choline hoses into service and had no fuel leakage (I tested prior to admitting spark).  I'm now feeling confident that this repair was successful, if anyone is considering replacing/ rebuilding, happy to give details on the process I used.

• 2 weeks later...

I just used normal fuel injection hose with clamps, more as a stop gap because the existing lines were pretty bad until I decide on the best way to do it as it only takes a couple of hours. I didn't do up the clamps to tightly.

i think I will go the same way as Bear924 so if there is any more info on that it would be appreciated 

My fuel hoses are still going great and will be the route i take for future fuel lines. I posted a write up with part numbers and other links on 924board.org. Search for my posts (bear924) and it should explain my process.  I'll also edit this post and add a link once I get back to a normal computer.

Archived