Boxster Brakes

Pork Chops

Mine are getting tired so I just want to replace rotors and pads and know I've got a good solid baseline.  I'm thinking Brembo rotors from Design911 as they're 69 GBP each which seems stupidly cheap.  Pads I'm not so sure about.  I want a fast road / light track pad.  Don't care too much about dust (although better not to have it) or rotor wear, but don't want squealing, and clearly they've got to be good from cold being a road pad.  I'll probably get some proper track pads for the odd excursion I'll be doing.  Driving for the most part will be up-in-them-there-hills.

I've seen Hawk, Pagids, Brembo, EBC, PFC, Textar and then there are many pads to choose from each.

Guidance requested.  Cheers.

That's cheap for Brembo rotors.  Are you sure that's not just the VAT?   A pair of front Brembo rotors for my Megane RS are 260 GBP.   As I understand it, the OE pads are Ferodo Racing DS2500,

Ferodo DS2500 - H compound

High performance road/track pads. DS2500 is the latest pad compound developed by Ferodo. It is an excellent high performance road compound, and is suitable for many club racing and rally applications. It is easy to bed and offers excellent braking with a high level of controllability, and is economically priced.

The Key Features are

• Consistent coefficient of friction (0,42) at all temperatures
  • Low noise / low dusting
  • Long pad life
  • Kind on discs
  • Race pedal feel

If buying discs from Design911 just order a set of Pagids to go with them, road use blues or oranges should be fine. You will want a harder pad for track use, albeit the blues will last quite well. Pagids work from cold and don't squeal.

I have the Project Mu's in mine and yes, they stop like a good 'un as shown in Tassie, but I reckon Pagids would be as good for half the price. I actually wish I'd gone with my past experience and bought the Pagid blues rather than the Mu's, but you live and learn.

Blues are pretty good as an allrounder to be fair. Beyond that I've run RS14's and 15's as everyday pads and they always worked well from cold.

I'd avoid the Ferodo's unless washing your wheels is a favourite hobby. They're as bad as the Project Mu's in that regard, if not worse. Ferodo's have always been like that, us youropeans seem to like driving round with black dust coated rimz :rolleyes:

Archived