2009 911 Carrera 997 series II

Doddy

Hi guys 

I am looking a purchasing a used 2009 911 carrera series II with 80,000km auto. I am new to 911's and was wondering if there is anything in particular I should be looking out for?

Any big  ticket items specific to this model? 

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks 

As usual, look for a fully and up to date service history (especially with 80k on it) Porsches hate missing services. Check the brakes for wear as they are expensive to replace. And also look for any other signs of abuse. It's worth check the rims on the inside if you can. With crap roads in Australia a lot of rims are bent or buckled which mean another expensive repair (especially on BBS rims).

Otherwise they are worry free motoring. Enjoy.

Hi guys 

I am looking a purchasing a used 2009 911 carrera series II with 80,000km auto. I am new to 911's and was wondering if there is anything in particular I should be looking out for?

Any big  ticket items specific to this model? 

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks 

Don't forget to look closely for accident repairs too! 

Great article Apogee very interesting read. Thanks for the tips guys. Will let you know how I go.  Wish I'd bought a paint gauge for my current vehicle (BMW 1M) the more I look at it the more I'm convinced its been sprayed. Cheers 

• 3 weeks later...

Great article Apogee very interesting read. Thanks for the tips guys. Will let you know how I go.  Wish I'd bought a paint gauge for my current vehicle (BMW 1M) the more I look at it the more I'm convinced its been sprayed. Cheers 

don't look at it anymore ... just enjoy it.

also, did you buy the car? I am guessing with only 2 posts.. no...

Archived