wheel restoration

raafrebel

does anyone know of a good establishment in sydney to get wheels restored?

I want to get standard 19" Carrera S wheels refurbished and change the colour from the standard silver to either Black, charcoal or even gold....

there is a powder coat place here near by , but should i get them sand blasted and painted? 

any advice or just spend the cash and buy a new set of wheels?

I've had one of my GTI wheels repaired by The Wheel Centre Repairs at Botany too for a very reasonable price after getting one dented by a large pothole. The owner is indeed a very nice bloke - I believe they (he and his business partner) used to work for Simmons wheels. He owns a Lotus Seven replica which he built from scratch that he uses to race with.

However, he was not able to finish the wheel in the exact colour of the original wheel. He didn't clear coat it and finished it in satin silver. The result was very close but I could still tell the difference. It didn't matter to me and noone else noticed. If you are doing all four wheels, it wouldn't matter as they would all match.

Powder coating would provide you with a tougher finish than automotive paint but I don't know how hard it would be to repair them if you damage them down the line.

Wheel Centre Repairs in Botany did a good job for me . . . expect to pay $280 - $300 per wheel.  (be warned, the owner will talk you ear off!!)

I've spoken with these guys as well - super helpful and quoted up to $300 depending on prep.

I plan on using them eventually..

Archived