OBD Readers and Diags 993 TT and 997 GT3

Anyone actually own or used a reader or a particular piece of software out there ?? Possibly 993 , GT3 or Porsche specific?

I am thinking of investing in some gear as I get tIred of the 1 day journey to go to a dealer for supposedly little issues on the cars.

Only yesterday I have a slipping belt on the TT that now has 5 idiot lights up , its evident , that the car has nothing wrong , goes like a scalded cat , burps and farts like a normal child but I would like the peice of mind….

With the GT3 was guilty of forgetting to put on the CTEK and had my second time of trying to get the bonnet open with a flat battery only to find that this in time its was caused some spurious central lock issue that meant I had to go hunt for the cable.. I will know this car… Any way after PASM failure and TC failure .. lights and and a $240 visit to the dealer I reckon I should have the tool...

I think the charge is for the tech , to wash it and for them to look at it .. No parts replaced and no issues since.. 

After a few trips to the porsche dealer trying to get them to program my steering wheel I finally got the sh*ts and bought a knock off china PIWIS. Never looked back.

After a few trips to the porsche dealer trying to get them to program my steering wheel I finally got the sh*ts and bought a knock off china PIWIS. Never looked back.

993TT?, I wondered have the OBD codes coverage got extended over the years , will go check out your recommendation 

I have own 2 units; Durametric and T-OBD by Tore Bergville.

Both work great. 

The Tore Unit is cheap and works on 964 and 993... https://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/products/obd-diagnostics/t-obd-diagnostics-for-porsche-968-964-and-993.html

The Durametric works on just about everything.The enthusiast version is cheaper but is vin locked to 3 cars.. the professional version is unlimited and what I bought.

I have one of the T OBD readers if you want it Symsy

Ok , I have an immediate issue on the 993 .. but will maybe look at durametric .. so I can sticky beak at the GT3 infos  and yours ;)

Ok , I have an immediate issue on the 993 .. but will maybe look at durametric .. so I can sticky beak at the GT3 infos  and yours ;)

i can post it up to you if you want, but you will need a young computer literate person to set it up on your laptop, unless you understand ports and other computer gobbldegook

Cluprit found centre belt..bastard they were all knew 2000kms ago   but im still getting Software @StevepGT3 will PM ya unless chris has some software close by that runs on Mac ;)  Joking i have windows on my Mac too 

Cluprit found centre belt..bastard they were all knew 2000kms ago   but im still getting Software @StevepGT3 will PM ya unless chris has somf software close by that runs on Mac ;)  Joking i have windows on my Mac too 

I had windows on my mac but had a llot of issues addresssing hardware ports. Threw the cables in a box and gave up. More money in the swear jar.

Archived