What Fuel Injectors For 84 928

Paul Carrera

I think I need to replace my fuel injectors so looking for recommendations, they are the type that has a barb and rubber hose

I found some on ebay - Airtex 10-8008 only $20 plus shipping from the US, sounds too cheap to me

I believe these are the type you need http://www.autoatlanta.com/tinyresults.php?pn=92860611001;TB_iframe=true&height=550&width=875 so yes $20 does seem too cheap....!

Luckily mine are the K jet ones and I got a full set of brass ones out of Egypt of all places for $180 delivered! They do not have any.

Can you get yours cleaned/ tested?

Or rebuilt?

Have an update.

Yes Bruce the cleaner worked, after cleaning the 8 injectors the water was dark brown so they were pretty grubby. I then ran them through another cycle to be sure and the installed them but the car wouldn't even look like starting so I went through the process of checking everything else like ignition, gas and signal to injectors and everything was fine. I then thought I had stuffed the injectors hence this post. I decided on one last attempt and pulled them out tonight and made up a jig for squirting carb cleaner through them while pulsing them with a 9 volt battery. Initially some of them were not even opening but with patience I got them all working perfectly with nice spray patterns, put them back in and all good now so don't need new ones luckily. I think that the ultrasonic cleaner loosened a lot of gunk that perhaps ended up getting caught up further inside so I think you perhaps need to make up something so they are working while being cleaned if that makes sense 

With the recalibrated MAF and the now really clean injectors the car is running the best it ever has for me, it was so nice to drive tonight I ended up down at the glass house mountains on my test drive.

Weird thing ever since doing the MAF the auto changes so much better, it used to be a pain to get it into high at 100k but now it just changes effortlessly, can't explain that but it's true

Archived