928 Aux Air Valve

ANF

Hi All,

Does anyone have a used/ not working Auxiliary Air Valve to suit a 928 as per pic that they no longer need? Mine is playing up and I would like to have a look inside one/ maybe fix one before I pull mine apart as they are riveted together. The same part was used on other cars, Volvo's etc and maybe some other P cars?

22390d1091987609-how-can-i-check-my-auxi

Thanks

YES I must! I even have a black one in the garage!

A lot of the K jet parts are interchangeable with Volvo's, Mercs and even BMWs!

Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo Volvo 

just in case you missed that!! :P:D:Laughter:

Do you have one?

Adam,

Before you disassemble it could you just power it up and check the gate valve opens smoothly and then power it down and check it closes smoothly as the bimetal strip inside cools?  Assuming it does this OK I would think the cause of your idle problem exists elsewhere.

Regards  

Hey Peter,

I finally took it to someone recently and found out what was wrong with my car, the WUR was buggered so I put a rebuilt one on, car now flies but cold idle is rubbish. Guy who checked it out said this is from the AAV. I will test it but he said it was pretty gunked up inside. Just wanting to see if I can disassemble one to clean it properly without stuffing up mine.

Clearly!!

How about a good squirt of carb cleaner before you test it?  Might just do the trick before you have to drill out the rivets!

Armed with some carbie cleaner, contact cleaner, freezer and what ever else is needed to attack it.... see how it goes....

Adam,

Before you disassemble it could you just power it up and check the gate valve opens smoothly and then power it down and check it closes smoothly as the bimetal strip inside cools?  Assuming it does this OK I would think the cause of your idle problem exists elsewhere.

Regards  

Other way around Peter, it opens up when cold (freezer test failed to move it) and closes when you apply current/ gets warm (mine closed slightly when a bit warmer, will add some current to it later and test that it closes fully) - it appears mine will not open, hence the cold idle issues..... will try cleaning it .....??

A bit of blackness came out, not a lot and not that bad. Valve moves freely with light pressure, so not fouled up anywhere inside, appears to be a fault/ issue inside...... So I either put up with crap cold running, pull mine apart and try to fix or buy another second hand one... hmmmm :wacko:

Archived