Engine number info

PhilH

I am trying to find out the year that engine number 6282368 is out of.  Have had a look at whatever I can fine but cannot find the 628 series listed anywhere.  Can anyone assist? Thanks.

According to my Peter Morgan bible that is from a 1978 K series SC, US spec '49' car (not california)

hey Damien, what's your Pete Morgan bible say about.... 63R51643 ?   I've googled but can't find a translator like I did for the vin #...

hey Damien, what's your Pete Morgan bible say about.... 63R51643 ?   I've googled but can't find a translator like I did for the vin #...

Philbee, I had a quick look in my reference material & this is what I found with a 63R prefix. HTH.

NAOX7nZ.jpgimg]

lBoeHQt.jpg

I am trying to find out the year that engine number 6282368 is out of.  Have had a look at whatever I can fine but cannot find the 628 series listed anywhere.  Can anyone assist? Thanks.

According to my Peter Morgan bible that is from a 1978 K series SC, US spec '49' car (not california)

PhilH, Damienb has given you the answer, but I thought I would give you a visual reference. The discrepancy I see is that Morgan says K series & Paternie says L series.

vfH9UKK.jpg

Can't see it there philbee, but it's an old book and stops at about 964 production. 

yep, sounds right. Mines a '95 engine. 

Philbee, I had a quick look in my reference material & this is what I found with a 63R prefix. HTH.

Hey good one, thanks. That looks more like the block sitting in  my 911 butt!! I'll have to grab these pics and have a read.

Archived