996 Bluetooth stereo

Broadsword

Last night I took delivery of my 1998 Carrera - very exciting.

In looking through the owner's manual it shows a microphone in the dash for phone connection as a later fit by others.

I am assuming later model 996 & certainly 997 series cars have stereo systems with integrated Bluetooth.

If so, does anyone know whether a newer system can simply replace my current stereo?

I would like to keep as "original" as possible, so I do not want to replace it with a new system from JB or the like.

Thank you for your help if anyone can assist.

Congratulations Broadsword! Enjoy that new to you Porsche you lucky devil :D

Whilst I'm not a P owner (yet) I've been doing lots of research. There's some great aftermarket options out there with 2 din surrounds that enable you to install a 2 din sat nav/bluetooth/cd/mp3 playing powerhouse in the dash. They do require moving the heater control down lower in the dash. But these options look great to my eyes and very factory like. Best part is, they appear to be completely reversible back to the original config if you ever wanted too (I think, you might want to double check that) plus you get lots of modern functionality in your Porsche :)

On ebay there's a seller called euromotorspeed who sells these kits, they include everything you need

This gives you an idea, albeit it in a Boxster http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/19074-new-dvd-navigation-install/page__hl__trieullionaire

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Broadsword, I have Motorola blue tooth in my 996 works a treat, it goes through the radio. Let me know if you want a model number and I will do a search!

Danny996

Hi Danny,

If you could find out what model it is that would be great.

I just saw James' post and as good as that looks, I don't think I want to be spending that much just now.

Many thanks.

Archived