Targa Florio - Australian tour

90sF1Kid

You would like to see it as a race on closed off roads,not sure if just driving around and sticking as close to a set speed over a set distance would encourage owners to bring out anything exotic.what has been proposed could be done any time.

Re Targa Florio

Wow $8500 just to enter plus more (?), an average speed of 50klm is a funny thing to state gives a general impression thats its very slow however once you take into consideration the old bangers and some tight twisty bits I guess that would calculate out. Some of the roads look like majors which could be boring or extremely fast.

an average speed of 50klm is a funny thing to state gives a general impression thats its very slow however once you take into consideration the old bangers and some tight twisty bits I guess that would calculate out. 

Unless that 50kmh average includes the overnight stoppages (ha) somehow I doubt it will be particularly exhilarating. Remember this is the same state government that put an 80kmh speed limit on the two seater formula one car that ran the great ocean road a few years back. They can't decide which they want more; money from events like this, or money from the '3kmh over should be a capital offence, but we'll dull it down to only $166' attitude and the laws that support it.

Archived