WTB 944 part

9fan

Funny i saw this. Im rebuilding my slave at the moment as the boot broke on me..

So an FYI

A rebuild kit was around $80 from Porsche centre melb. But coming from germany.
A new one is around $300 in stock. 

Hi Pauly,

Prices on these have gone ballistic. Standard 944 Porsche approx $360 , 968 $ 630. Master cylinder not a problem (yet).

Managed to find 968 one (Short supply) O/S $300 delivered, hopefully will be correct one.Rebuild kit not listed for 968 but it seems to be same cylinder as 944 just difference in position of bleed screw for clearance.In checking standard 944 slave (shorter rod) should fit 968 with reduced clearance to bleed screw.

Will use a 944 slave with 968 rod to check and have as spare. Will fit new 968 slave when it arrives and will use rebuild kit on present 968 slave as spare. These as spares are necessary because you can't drive your car without one !

Cheers, Mark.

Hi Pauly,

Prices on these have gone ballistic. Standard 944 Porsche approx $360 , 968 $ 630. Master cylinder not a problem (yet).

Managed to find 968 one (Short supply) O/S $300 delivered, hopefully will be correct one.Rebuild kit not listed for 968 but it seems to be same cylinder as 944 just difference in position of bleed screw for clearance.In checking standard 944 slave (shorter rod) should fit 968 with reduced clearance to bleed screw.

I don't know where you guys get parts but it sounds like your getting ripped.

I just checked an invoice from Autohaus Hamilton and i got both cylinders for $290 about this time last year and my mechanic fitted them for $110 because i couldn't be bothered.

I just checked an invoice from Autohaus Hamilton and i got both cylinders for $290 about this time last year and my mechanic fitted them for $110 because i couldn't be bothered.

Yep Tingy, That was LAST year ! Talking current prices. 

Talked to James at AutoHaus and he agrees with what I have found.

Would have to truck to mechanics, that is why I am doing it.

Cheers, Mark.

I always go though Porsche Centre Melbourne + i've got an account with them which saves time. 

The rebuild kit P/N is 928-116-901-00-OEM but you're right, not listed for 968. 

It's actually an easy job. Remove the starter motor, remove and drain the clutch fluid line. remove the cylinder (2 bolts) and put the new one on. put the line on. You'll need a second person to help with bleeding it, but pretty sure you can gravity bleed it. 

The clutch fluid reservoir lid is the same as the brake master, so you can use a pressure bleeder if you have one for your brakes. Otherwise yes, definitely need two people, the gravity bleed doesn't work.

Seems prices have indeed gone up since I replaced my master and slave back in 2015. I bought an FTE slave off ebay for only 25 bucks. Looks like they're a bit more nowadays, cheapest I could find is $77 plus postage http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FTE-Clutch-Slave-Cylinder-556-43004-283-Clutch-Slave-Cylinder-Assy-/361518277234?epid=112861506&hash=item542c2b2272:g:NsEAAOSwLnBXVn8P

Clarks garage Method 1 - 

1. With the slave cylinder not yet installed in the clutch housing, raise the end of the slave cylinder with the bleed nipple as high as possible.
  2. Open the bleed nipple and use the slave cylinder operating shaft as a pump to bleed the slave cylinder. 

968 Bleed nipple is higher on cylinder. 

Archived