front shock bump stops

brian in buddina

I am just in the process of installing Koni yellow shocks and realize that I need to install 'bump stops.' Or do I??? Some foam inserts came with the rear shocks but nothing was supplied with the fronts.

Where would I source them from? Is there any Australian supplier?

Koni Australia

sales@wholesalesuspension.com.au

Smooth Suspension

for Koni rebuild and refurb

talk to Wayne

I will have a look at my Koni installation notes, re the bumpstops, and get back to you

Yes, according to my instal instructions

I am just in the process of installing Koni yellow shocks and realize that I need to install 'bump stops.' Or do I??? Some foam inserts came with the rear shocks but nothing was supplied with the fronts.

Where would I source them from? Is there any Australian supplier?

Mine need doing as well they have deteriorated also.

I contacted the Koni rep, Toperformance Products which is the 

Distributor KONI Shock Absorbers, www.toperformance.com.au,  and they don't make a rubber stop. They require you to re-use the original or get a replacement from Porsche.

Here is the link to the front strut diagram: 

https://i.imgur.com/uR58zTD.png

The Porsche parts I am looking for is, 'rubber stop', item 7, 

part number 951 343 527 00

Also my car did not come with the 'boot', item 6, part number 431 412 135

Is the boot required to hold the bump stop in place when you bottom out?

Is the original boot plastic or metal? 

Toperformance suggested I try Fulcrum suspension. They have a web page, which lists common bump stop & other misc. suspension bits. This is the link: http://www.superpro.com.au/tradeview/index.php?view=universalparts
The 1833BK looks close, I will call tomorrow & confirm that it will or won't work & what it cost. It comes with a boot in the kit. 
The Superpro link above also has lots of roll bar links, bushings & stuff. It may be worth looking at if your interested. 

I contacted Porsche parts in Brisbane. Stock is available in Melbourne, 3 day delivery plus extra to the Sunny Coast.

Has anyone used the 1833BK???

Got a price from Fulcrum Suspension but delivery was after the weekend. A mechanical friend suggested I try Peddler's. They had the same bits as Fulcrum, but branded as Peddler, marginally cheaper and in stock on the Sunny Coast. Needless to say the P. parts where the most expensive. 
Here is a photo of there 3 Peddler's standard bump stops:

I chose the one on the right, part #4359, which looked closest to the original P part,  and the applicable boot, which is a bellows type. These boots should be better, I think based on my limited knowledge, than the P. brand because they would seal out road debris on the sliding shaft of my expensive brand new shocks. I stand to be corrected.

It would be interesting to know what the actual height of the Porsche bump stop is in comparison to the #4359. Different bump stops for different model, I would think due to different ride height???

Maybe the our 944 @Buchanan Automotive  can enlighten me on the original bump stop height?

Archived