still talking about rubbers

brian in buddina

Still talking about rubber bits. My tail gate lock rubber "sealing ring" has deteriorated to a point where it is leaving a sizeable gap around the lock. Its item 32 on page/illustration 803-05 on the Porsche parts manual & Part # 477 827 547 A

Does this part mean its a vw/audi part? Has anyone sourced this item?

I'll check Brian as I think I ordered a new one that I didn't need when I got my big order from only944.

I got it through Just James at Autohaus Sydney this is for my car but the third i have sourced, easy peasy.

Ring him now and i bet you've got it by end of next week 02 94175166 and with a bear;)

what's the fitment procedure tingy?  I could look it up but I love to hear you type.

I'll check Brian as I think I ordered a new one that I didn't need when I got my big order from only944.

what's the fitment procedure tingy?  I could look it up but I love to hear you type.

Your a funny guy, easy peasy is the procedure Jason, i think your mechanical skill may even allow you to tackle this job.

Take your time it's pretty easy just undo the latch mechanism and the lock will come out, don't pull it apart until you have the new seal as the old one will more than likely fall apart in your hands.

And take a photo because you wont remember how it goes back together............no you won't.........

Should be about a half hour job.

A tip for when you take out the seal, all the key marks that surround the rubber seal area are begging to be buffed out so do that as well, don't have them you say, take a closer look;)

Archived