24 hours of Spa Francorchamps

P T

Hi folks,

The past weekend, I spent my free time at the track in Spa. Time again for the Total 24h of Francorchamps, (Total = a brand of petrol here).

66 cars at the startgrid,...12 different manufacturors so all the ingredients for a good race. The first few hours were dry, then we almost drowned so the pacecar came out several times.

The following link, (in English), will give you a good impression ! Enjoy.

(Sorry, no pics this time,...I forgot my bloody camera !)

Cheers,

Paul.

Guest Nick987

I cant see it either. You one lucky guy PT to have such a magnificent circuit and event in your country! Will go look up in google to see if I can find anything. How did the P's go? Were they competitive? What types did well?

@nick : Audi R8 won this time. They were really good. The sls mercedes was also a great competitor. Porsche did well in the first hours but had some bad luck, crashes, one caught fire while driving,... Anyway,...in september we have another 24 h's at zolder in Belgium so lets hope things go better then.

hopefully, these links work ?

Cheers, P.

• 2 months later...

I was fortunate enough to drive Spa again the day after the 24Hr race. It really is an amazing circuit with some real challenges if you want to push your car. The second video is Mike Wilds driving my car and demonstrating that a wealth of experience (especially at Spa) can get a C2 around Spa in impressive style.

• 3 weeks later...

Spa is a very fast and challeging circuit. Drove there a few times myself, car and bike.

Some good driving oz 951. Aren't you going to the porsche days as well ? Its always in april or may. Really worth a visit. If you want some extra info, just let me know.

Cheers, P.

Spa is a very fast and challeging circuit. Drove there a few times myself, car and bike.

Some good driving oz 951. Aren't you going to the porsche days as well ? Its always in april or may. Really worth a visit. If you want some extra info, just let me know.

Cheers, P.

Thanks PT, I really wish I could drive Spa again but I have run out of time. My car is already on its way to Australia and in a little over a week I will also be on my way back (to Australia). I suspect it will be quite a few years before I drive Spa again. :(

Archived