Porsche 924 Turbo Tyres

Ozvino

I am in the process of getting my 924 Turbo wheels refurbished, they are the factory 15 inch Spider Web Wheels. 

The factory size tyres were 185/70/15 and outside of historic tyres they are no longer available. The historic tyres (Michelin, Pirelli and Vredstein) are silly money typically $500/tyre and up for what would be moderate performance.

I want to maintain the stock look as close as possible esp. wall size as the 924T needs that skinny look IMHO. I have been looking at a Tyre size calculator and it seems 195/65/15 gets close in overall dimensions (and is available for mainstream tyres at very reasonable price).

Wondering if anyone has other suggestions or is running something similar size wise

Thx 

I went through this not too long ago on my car ... I am running 215/65/15 on my 924T ...

The reason for this is my research told me that to keep the same rolling diameter this was the closest / best match ... if the size is too different it will put your speedo out.

There are some decent tyres out there in this size. I just put on some cheapies as I only wanted it to be safe for the odd drive and decent for rego. Once the car is restored and ready to be pushed harder, I will upgrade them.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The car has (old) 215's on it and I wanted to go back to as close to possible as I could to stock, with that higher sidewall and skinny look. 

Agreed on the speedo impact, using a tyre size calculator I could get the sidewalls/profile very close (within 3mm) and the speedo impact would be 0.8%

Archived