Mobridge M2 Connect Issues

Tom M

Hi guys, first of many posts hopefully.

Was hoping to see if anyone has come across a technical issue I'm have with a Mobridge install on my 997.1. 

Took the car to an installer highly recommended by one of the Porsche dealers to have a Mobridge M2 connect bluetooth installed.

I've come across an issue where every time I turn on the car and turn the PCM to the Mobridge it makes a high pitched sound for about 2 - 5 mins (audio file attached) before it then magically switches to what I'm streaming from my phone (either music or a phone call). I can't work out what it is. The installer has tried to fix it (even replaced the Mobridge unit) but same thing happens. Installer reckons its an issue with my PCM but the PCM does not do that with anything else,  just with the Mobridge.

Installer says he can't fix it. Was wondering if anyone here has come across the same issue? 

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks

997 Mobridge.m4a

Hi guys, first of many posts hopefully.

Was hoping to see if anyone has come across a technical issue I'm have with a Mobridge install on my 997.1. 

Took the car to an installer highly recommended by one of the Porsche dealers to have a Mobridge M2 connect bluetooth installed.

I've come across an issue where every time I turn on the car and turn the PCM to the Mobridge it makes a high pitched sound for about 2 - 5 mins (audio file attached) before it then magically switches to what I'm streaming from my phone (either music or a phone call). I can't work out what it is. The installer has tried to fix it (even replaced the Mobridge unit) but same thing happens. Installer reckons its an issue with my PCM but the PCM does not do that with anything else,  just with the Mobridge.

Installer says he can't fix it. Was wondering if anyone here has come across the same issue? 

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks

997 Mobridge.m4a

was it Automotive Integration you went to?

If so, they are (IMHO and others) the leading guys in Australia, they have a high degree of expertise

It was Street Sound and Vision in Mitcham. They were helpful and tried their best so not necessarily being critical, maybe it is the PCM. 

Just keen to see if there is a solution. Might ring the guys you’ve suggested to see if they have any ideas. 

Many thanks

I had a Mobrigde installed a couple of weeks ago by No Limit Car Sound and Vision in Port Melb. They did ask me for the specific PCM software number as they said it can be a different installation depending on what unit you have and some models apparently can require coding by Porsche (early 997). I don't know if that comes into play or not regarding your situation.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/251378-a-neat-trick-ascertaining-your-pcm-version.html - link to check what number you have

Another random note is that I do find that the ipod/iphone volume does need to be turned up fully and then use the volume of the PCM (with BOSE) to get the best sound out of it, otherwise it comes across a little faint, tinny and lack of bass (BOSE stereo).

Other than that, my knowledge of the system and using it daily is limiting. Good luck with the trouble shooting !

Thanks guys, have been in touch with the guys at Automotive Integration and they will have a look at it for me.

Will let you know how I go. Hopefully they can find the fault and fix it because I have no idea!! 

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I wanted to send a quick follow up on where this got to. I finally found some time to take the car to Automotive Integration after I asked the original installer to remove the Mobridge unit and refund me for the unit that was not working.

Happy to report that Automotive Integration nailed it first time. Installed the new Mobridge Unit, works 100% with no issues. This is after the first installer tried two different units and failed to make it work properly.

So thanks for the suggestion to go and see Automotive Integration, certainly agree these guys are top class and really know their stuff. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Archived