OEM Cruise control fittment

DC242

Been looking at installing cruise as I've gotten so used to cars having them my right foot is out of practice holding a speed for a long period of time.

I've discovered a complete kit for sale, but it's in the US so my question is, will it fit an Aust delivered 944S. Do the cars come with a standard wiring loom so its plug and play or is there a trick or Aust specific parts I need to chase/make. I've installed/used universal kits in other cars I've had but they all had tail shafts.

Any assistance appreciated.

You might have to look around inside the engine bay and the steering column for plugs.

I'm trying to add cruise to my 993.  A lot of people told me that there was a standard harness on all 993s which would include all the plugs.  I went and bought a servo, computer, bolts, linkages and stalk but there's nothing to plug it all into.

OEM Connectors, plugs are very hard to source for these parts on a 993.  I wish you the best of luck with your 944.

My Aus delivered '86 turbo had the cruise control harness, even though it didn't have cruise control, so maybe yours will too.

I cut the harness of at the firewall, might still have it lying around somewhere.

I've found a round plug on the drivers side which I believe is for the cruise but without knowing what wires/components go where its hard to tell if it is plug and play. Don't want to be in the same boat as YellowDieselGolf and be chasing hard to find plugs or components.

Archived