Getting Dirty!

James do you have a bike shop that services you? If not I can recommend Paul the owner of 4 stores in Sydney -Cranks.

He has generously donated his bikes, wheels and 5 days of his time each year on our Syd- Bris ride as head mechanic. Doing lots in the MTB scene and very reasonable.

Just incase you don't I thought I'd send a shout out as he is a top bloke. Let me know if you ever need an intro,

Guest vas930

Should be - it's all pretty high end components.

Your last six? Six! Do you have commitment issues, Vas?

Yes I do , James.

I would update every year.

Sometimes I would have a race and trail bike at the same time.

@ Doish: I do most of my own spannering on my bikes, but Cranks is my LBS, and are within walking distance, which is dangerous!

@ Vas. Boys' toys! I've also got a race bike and a trail bike....although the crucial difference is that mine need me to pedal them to make them go. <_<

@ Doish: I do most of my own spannering on my bikes, but Cranks is my LBS, and are within walking distance, which is dangerous!

@ Vas. Boys' toys! I've also got a race bike and a trail bike....although the crucial difference is that mine need me to pedal them to make them go. <_<

Hi James, definitely need the right tool for the right job!

I currently have 6 bikes consisting of; single speed commuter, dual sus trail bike, xc bike (hard tail), 4x bike, Bmx & my road bike. Since work and family commitments I have had give up DH (hence no DH rig) and moto x. Never have too many bikes! (+ my son has 3 bikes and a big wheel!) - love them all.

Hi James, definitely need the right tool for the right job!

I currently have 6 bikes consisting of; single speed commuter, dual sus trail bike, xc bike (hard tail), 4x bike, Bmx & my road bike. Since work and family commitments I have had give up DH (hence no DH rig) and moto x. Never have too many bikes! (+ my son has 3 bikes and a big wheel!) - love them all.

You're living n+1 !

Does the hardtail get much use, what with their being a dual susser in the mix?

I'm doing the 45k (as are the other Autohausers).

Working on the basis that MTB kilometres are 1.5 to 2x as hard as road kilometres, I think that will be plenty!

James

Good choice.

45K can pass as fun, 70K feels more like a punishment.

I've done two 10 hour enduros at Awaba and afterward would not want to go anywhere near a bike for few weeks. :D

You're living n+1 ! Does the hardtail get much use, what with their being a dual susser in the mix?
There are some really fun XC trails not too far from me and the hardtail is perfect, flat bars and stiff - you can really fly through them and its great. My dual sus 'trail bike' is set up so can still ride DH tracks without having a full on (and not very practical) DH dedicated bike. There are some great DH trails 15min from me in the other direction and thats where I go on it, try to mix it up between the two.

My son is starting to be capable at the BMX track so I am on my 4x and BMX the most, if I am lucky get in a trail or road ride 1-2 a week. Looking forward to summer, Melbourne is not the best for riding during winter....................

Archived