911sc headlights

Tristan Andrews

Just wondering if anyone has updated their headlights on a 79 sc? I keep reading that the original lights are not so good. I have only just bought a great little runner 2 months ago and possibly may do some night driving in the Clare valley to see my family and don't fancy the idea of flicking in between high beam all the time. 

Also, how hard is it to reinstate the cruise control on these cars? Thanks for any advice.

tristan

Just make sure all bits of the lights are in good condition (put some good relays in there too) & you will have good night vision.

If you want extra, I would convert the fog lights to spot lights.

You used to be able to get 'aftermarket' cruise kits to suit the Bosch fuel injection, friends had them on their Benz's very reliable & used the MB cc stalk. They are probably still for sale somewhere in eBay land.

Ping me too please....

Im building a race car and curretly have two fibreglass covers for headlights !!!

For rally reg and certain events in the future I may need some headlights and am  looking for some cheap old assemblies i could modify or retro fit with a new light source.... 

2 hours ago, DHE11 said:

Ping me too please....

Im building a race car and curretly have two fibreglass covers for headlights !!!

For rally reg and certain events in the future I may need some headlights and am  looking for some cheap old assemblies i could modify or retro fit with a new light source.... 

I've been watching your build on The Pelican mate. Very cool. Please drop me an email at stf996@gmail.com and I'll send some pics, etc. It's really easy and straightforward. Cheers.

Archived