WTB: 996.2 or 997.1

Trimar666

1 hour ago, Rod C said:

Unless you can bargain hard on a 996 S4 tip I'd move on to 997.1 for better value as decent S4's are right up there in price at the moment. Anyway enjoy the excitement of the search and goodluck .

They are up there in asking price, but seem to hang around for a long time

Of the cars your open to with your budget, I'd say a really good condition 996.2 C2 manual would be better than a not-as-good condition C4S Tip or 997 that would likely be a uk import at that money.

This car just came on the other day.  I think it ticks a lot of boxes. No affiliation...

Maybe slightly over budget but it looks to have had all the key big expenses (IMS, Clutch, Starter, PZero Tyres and Service) just taken care of, $5-8K that you'd soon be spending on any other car that hadn't.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-5289757/

agreed, probably 5-10k overpriced.  Manual seems to be the rarity at the moment.  None around 3 mths ago when i purchased mine.  Factoring in IMS cost of $5k, and, say, $5-10k premium for manual, this would have made my car $60-$65k, with 2/3rds the kms. And then there's the black.  We've owned our one and only black car......  but, if you want a black manual 3.6 that's had the IMS done, then you'd pony up for this i reckon...

12 hours ago, Trimar666 said:

Thanks guys. Did see the black on black manual and it ticks a few boxes. Maybe a little over priced but well worth a look.

Archived