Autotecnica Seats and rails ADR approved

Ive been looking at the seats offered by Autotecnica in Victoria, on line. They offer great value and are ADR compliant, there seat rails are also ADR compliant. Has anyone had any experience with their seats and the company in particular in regards to after sales service and good practice ?

I have had a pair in my SC for the last couple of years - manufacturing sticker says 2014.  Comfortable, robust and supportive but not particularly light.  I installed them because I had intentions of running the car in club sprints but changed my mind and put the originals back in recently.  I fabricated my own seat mounts to get as much headroom as possible and so required a bit of patience to install.

Available for $300 if you can get them to Adelaide...

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure of the exact type (maybe you can tell me!), but here are a few photos:

seats_1.jpg

seats_2.jpg

seats_3.jpg

seats_4.jpg

seats_6.jpg

seats_9.jpg

seats_10.jpg

seats_7.jpg

seats_5.jpg

The seat mounts are fabricated from 4mm aluminium angle to get maximum headroom - requires a bit of patience to install.

I have some Porsche sew on patches to go over the button in the backrest.

OOPS - something odd with accessing these files - I'll look into it....

So, looks like this site is very picky about how you enter stuff.  Cut/paste/modify seems to cause big problems with URLs...

They look like the ones Mark. Do the sliders work ? Are they from Autotecnica ? What height are you (requiring to lower them) ? Can you PM me with your location. Ill have to get a quote on transport. I don't suppose you need any front strut inserts or wheel spacers ?

On 09/04/2018 at 9:39 PM, AndrewW said:

Ive been looking at the seats offered by Autotecnica in Victoria, on line. They offer great value and are ADR compliant, there seat rails are also ADR compliant. Has anyone had any experience with their seats and the company in particular in regards to after sales service and good practice ?

No. 

I can't comment on Autotechnica as a company - I never had contact with them.  Their seats seem pretty robust albeit heavy.  The seats that came out are Reccaro (SP?) electric adjustable (maybe 964/928 or something) and weight 23Kg:o although much more comfortable than good ole toombstones.  I think the Autotechnicas weigh about 19Kgs AFAIR. 

The factory runners (sliders) work fine.  I was going to make the car more track oriented and was looking for max headroom for a helmet.  I'm 6'2" so need the height.  I decided against this and leaving the car close to stock so put the Recarro seats back in.

The mounts I made are two pieces of 4mm aluminium angle bolted together and could be redrilled to provide a higher seat height if needed (see the 5th pic from the top).  I will say that mounting them is a bit of a faff and requires patience.

Actually, I went into the garage the other day to check the suspension and ended up with a few bits left over...

susp_1.jpg

I am in Bundanoon in the NSW Southern Highlands about 2hrs south of Sydney.

• 2 months later...
On 13 April 2018 at 12:13 AM, bumble said:

I can't comment on Autotechnica as a company - I never had contact with them.  Their seats seem pretty robust albeit heavy.  The seats that came out are Reccaro (SP?) electric adjustable (maybe 964/928 or something) and weight 23Kg:o although much more comfortable than good ole toombstones.  I think the Autotechnicas weigh about 19Kgs AFAIR. 

The factory runners (sliders) work fine.  I was going to make the car more track oriented and was looking for max headroom for a helmet.  I'm 6'2" so need the height.  I decided against this and leaving the car close to stock so put the Recarro seats back in.

The mounts I made are two pieces of 4mm aluminium angle bolted together and could be redrilled to provide a higher seat height if needed (see the 5th pic from the top).  I will say that mounting them is a bit of a faff and requires patience.

Actually, I went into the garage the other day to check the suspension and ended up with a few bits left over...

susp_1.jpg

I am in Bundanoon in the NSW Southern Highlands about 2hrs south of Sydney.

Thats half a car ;)

Archived