Wanted 944S2 or 968 engine block

944s2cab

Hi,

After my trackday, the news keeps on getting worse and worse, to the point that the engine needs a complete rebuild, my cylinders are very badly scored, so I'm looking for a mildly scored bare block that I can get honed (instead of machined and honed in my engine + oversized pistons)

Thanks for looking 

Steve-XGTWETufMZRCPf8ODEmF_eMzkgsYYE71ldDQ6IQ

Your going to need new pistons anyway, keep your block check what oversize you will need, get it machined and honed,  custom pistons and you are better then new.

that way you get to keep your original engine. It would be interesting to see the history of your engine if you have it

Regards

Sean

30 minutes ago, Buchanan Automotive said:

Your going to need new pistons anyway, keep your block check what oversize you will need, get it machined and honed,  custom pistons and you are better then new.

that way you get to keep your original engine. It would be interesting to see the history of your engine if you have it

Regards

Sean

Hi Sean,

It's not the original engine as the car was subjected to the low viscosity, Low ZDDP synthetic craze of the 90's,

This engine was fitted in the UK as a good 2nd hand engine, 

not sure whether the head gasket took out the rings or the rings took out the head gasket, I'm having the log file checked for any indication of knock, annoying thing is that the bluetooth connection between ECU and laptop failed less than 10 seconds before it blew (coincidence???), 

Going to remove this weekend and start dismantling,

Who do you use for block work Sean? PM me if you don't want to make that public knowledge

Steve

thats a shame, but no bother. from experience the head gasket would have gone first. when you mix coolant with the alusil bores and friction its the end. I do the measuring and machining ourselves at a local shop. If you want it done i prefer the blocked to be stripped with no headstuds. crank removed and girdle torqued back on. also balance shafts removed and covers torqued back on. No oil pump.

Regards

Sean

1 hour ago, Buchanan Automotive said:

thats a shame, but no bother. from experience the head gasket would have gone first. when you mix coolant with the alusil bores and friction its the end. I do the measuring and machining ourselves at a local shop. If you want it done i prefer the blocked to be stripped with no headstuds. crank removed and girdle torqued back on. also balance shafts removed and covers torqued back on. No oil pump.

Regards

Sean

Thanks Sean, I'll be in contact once I have the engine out and see the extent of the damage

Steve

Archived