(NSW) (Hunter) AUTOWERKS & CLASSIC PORSCHE AUSTRALIA - “DRIVE to the HUNTER” - 20 May

Good evening all,

After speaking with Sarah @ Autowerks today I said I would post this run on the forum for anyone who is interested in attending. Should be a good run.

Steve

******************************************************************************************************

Hi Porsche lovers

AUTOWERKS and CLASSIC PORSCHE AUSTRALIA - “DRIVE to the HUNTER”

To celebrate the 70th Anniversary of our favourite cars, AUTOWERKS and Facebook group CLASSIC PORSCHE AUSTRALIA have organised a scenic Sunday morning drive through the beautiful Hunter Region, ending at the historic Wollombi Tavern for lunch. We welcome all Porsche enthusiasts to come along and join us.

The region contains some of Australia’s most beautiful scenery and the winding roads through the Hunter are renowned as some of the best driving roads to be found anywhere. The drive will be professionally recorded and will include some spectacular drone footage, so make sure you and your car are looking their best!

Details are:

Date: Sunday 20th May 

Time: Meet at 9.00am for a 9.30am start

Where: Meet at AUTOWERKS, 6 Naples Place, Wyong

Duration: Approx 2.5 hour drive

Directions: Maps will be provided by Autowerks

Lunch Destination: The historic Wollombi Tavern, Wollombi, around midday

After Lunch: Participants to make their own way home

This promises to be a great day for Porsche lovers, with the opportunity to meet like-minded people and to enjoy the cars, conversation and camaraderie that the Porsche marque is famous for.

We apologise for the short notice, but we do promise you a day you won’t forget!

Please let me know asap if you’ll be joining us.

Cheers

Sarah at AUTOWERKS
Ph: (02) 4393 5111
service@autowerks.com.au

Seriously, do you guys think i am that special that i would receive a phone call from them, no from another Porsche dude, i was going to contact you over weekend, maybe it will be the day you can run the engine in @Peter M

Lol!  You did say call!

All my cylinders were returned to NZ on Monday so I'm not expecting the car to be finished before the 20th as there still needs to be some modifications done to the exhaust after the engine is assembled.  I reckon I'm the last week of May at the earliest.

So don't expect to see me on the run as I've done it in a Passat already and thought at the time the 911's were to slow! :D

Archived