brake booster help

Pfitz911

Hi guys

trying to source a new brake booster for my 77 911s. Mine is rooted and apparently they cant be rebuilt. Genuine porsche units are rediculously expensive. Seen some on US sites but not sure if theres anything local in Oz. Looking for advice on best way forward.

Many thanks

Dan

I see your in ADL - send me a PM and you number.

I think i have a booster and MC etc form a 77 in the shed with some other SC/Carrera brake spares... I can have a look if your interested?

Yep, took it down to PBR and they told me its a non serviceable item. Apparently some you can rebuild, some you cant.

Thanks Darien for offering me your booster! Unfortunately it is too big with a different shaft

Any other suggestions?

Its an ATE unit so not sure if anyone in Oz deals with ATE...

Thanks mate

Gave him a call and I might send it up to him...no promises though, but at least he seems to want to attempt. Problem is the crimping and resealing of the booster.

Surely there are aftermarket items/ATE units available here...

3 hours ago, Pfitz911 said:

Thanks mate

Gave him a call and I might send it up to him...no promises though, but at least he seems to want to attempt. Problem is the crimping and resealing of the booster.

Surely there are aftermarket items/ATE units available here...

They have helped me out heaps in the past, hopefully they can come through for you. 

If nothing can be done, Stan Adler at performance9 in ormeau has a stockpile of spare parts and may be able to help.

17 hours ago, clutch-monkey said:

call BHSS and double check if it is non-rebuildable. they do a lot of brake and steering stuff.

i got told for years you can't rebuild the steering boxes on 2002's.

$650 later at bhss and it was rebuilt to new condition.

Hi Clutchy,

I see BHSS are near us in Capalaba, do they actually work on the cars as well, or only supply rebuilt/new parts to the trade. Power steering on my ute is starting

to make unhealthy noises. Sorry to hijack the thread

1 hour ago, CarreraG50 said:

Hi Clutchy,

I see BHSS are near us in Capalaba, do they actually work on the cars as well, or only supply rebuilt/new parts to the trade. Power steering on my ute is starting

to make unhealthy noises. Sorry to hijack the thread

Both, but dropping off a part to get refurbished is a much quicker turnaround of course

Archived