Wanted - 915 5 speed box

Mike D'Silva

11 hours ago, Mike D'Silva said:

I'm after a good condition 915...

pls pm if you have or know of one available.

mike

Hi Mike - when you say good condition do you mean a 'bolt in' type of box or are you looking to rebuild?  I removed one from our track car last year and decided against rebuilding it.

Cheers,

Gavin

7 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Hi Mike - when you say good condition do you mean a 'bolt in' type of box or are you looking to rebuild?  I removed one from our track car last year and decided against rebuilding it.

Cheers,

Gavin

If Mike's not interested Gavin, let me know as I might be.  Is it an alloy case?  What ring and pinion is in it?  8/31 by any chance? Need a good base for a dog box.

2 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

If Mike's not interested Gavin, let me know as I might be.  Is it an alloy case?  What ring and pinion is in it?  8/31 by any chance? Need a good base for a dog box.

It's an original 78 case & not sure about the ring & pinion (or whether it's in a condition worth using) - will find out tomorrow for you.  I lost 1st gear after a track day & Cavacos opinion after opening it up was that there wasn't anything in there worth using at all, taking a long term view....so we pulled it & replaced with a rebuilt 'ready to go' box (time was a factor) & it's sat on shelf since.

Hi Sven - should also add that mine should be considered as the basis of a build only, I don't believe the internals were in much shape overall.  My choice came down to entirely rebuilding what I had from scratch or slotting in one that had already been done.

1 hour ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

It's an original 78 case & not sure about the ring & pinion (or whether it's in a condition worth using) - will find out tomorrow for you.  I lost 1st gear after a track day & Cavacos opinion after opening it up was that there wasn't anything in there worth using at all, taking a long term view....so we pulled it & replaced with a rebuilt 'ready to go' box (time was a factor) & it's sat on shelf since.

Hi Sven - should also add that mine should be considered as the basis of a build only, I don't believe the internals were in much shape overall.  My choice came down to entirely rebuilding what I had from scratch or slotting in one that had already been done.

Just need a good solid case.  The rest we can get or build. 

2 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Just need a good solid case.  The rest we can get or build. 

Ok - that I have.  Happy to get some pics for you & go via pm/email or phone from this point if that suits (Mike has passed - was looking for something with a bit more life in it than mine). 

On 6/5/2018 at 1:18 PM, Mike D'Silva said:

I'm after a good condition 915...

pls pm if you have or know of one available.

mike

Hi Mike

I think Aporscheapart at  Mordialloc have got one for sale.

Archived