GST Changes 1/7/18

4 hours ago, JLD said:

FYI Freight is included in the taxable amount. I have been trying to argue this with Fedex for a week!

yep always has been if you went over the $1000 mark, so no wonder it has a gst component now in the sub $1000 duty.

thats the way it is,  bummer!!

Now are gone the good days!

2 hours ago, KGB said:

Lotta fuss about paying 10% GST & 5% import duty like we’ve always had to do with our import business. Typical Porsche drivers.?

don't mind if it was just that.

but by offloading the process onto overseas companies who don't care about a small segment of the market.. may cause a lot of companies to just refuse to ship here.

15 hours ago, KGB said:

Lotta fuss about paying 10% GST & 5% import duty like we’ve always had to do with our import business. Typical Porsche drivers.?

I think it's resentment of the high prices we pay here in the lucky country and that a rich businessman can go to his poly mates and complain that his profits are down.

10% GST & 5% import duty ? the taxes and duties are cumulative, inclusive of expenses, not on purchase price, like our fuel, I think it looks something like this:

(Item x10% GST + freight + ( *brokers feesx10% GST)** ) x5% import duty) x10% GST.

*Brokers fees if you use them

**They are also proposing a $7 per item fee to be added because poor customs has to check every item for tax /duties payable and extra paper work.

Probably not exact.

On 7/3/2018 at 9:43 AM, D2000 said:

You also pay gst on free freight. They work out a notional freight charge and charge you based on that

Say what?

Archived