928 solid engine mount suggestions

Gavn

The time has come to replace the engine mounts on the 928.  I'm leaning towards solid mounts & am wondering if anyone has an experience to share wrt suppliers.  On my first brief look it seems it's all OS.

Cheers,

Gav

@Timm and @tazzieman  - I don't think I'll notice any additional noise and vibration....will likely just blend in with the rest of it.  The old girl is very stripped out & pretty rough.  @ANF - currently running hydraulic ones & one of them is in pretty poor shape so time to group replace.

9 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

@Timm and @tazzieman  - I don't think I'll notice any additional noise and vibration....will likely just blend in with the rest of it.  The old girl is very stripped out & pretty rough.  @ANF - currently running hydraulic ones & one of them is in pretty poor shape so time to group replace.

Mine runs the non-hydraulic ones, I would try those ones, most likely give you the improvement you are chasing?

22 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Sorry for the confusion - was thinking Solid Rubber v Hydraulic.  Interesting point @Ozvino wasn't thinking about longevity.  Time to do a bit of research on Rennlist.  @ANF - did you source yours locally or have them shipped?

You will read about people using Volvo engine mounts - my advice is avoid them. I bought a pair and the fit was awful; the factory hydraulic mounts are expensive but the way it transforms the ride is amazing - the car idles and drives a lot smoother with new mounts, very noticeable 

22 hours ago, ANF said:

Your car being an early one I thought would of had the solid type mounts Gavin,  as I think they changed to hydraulic ones later, mine certainly look genuine.

Early car but later model engine & crossmember & mounts (it seems).  There's a real mix of components on this car....   That would make the engine mounts about 1990 vintage I'd guess (when the car was modified to current state) - meaning they've lasted 28 years.

Archived