Does anyone in Perth area know this 928?

WitchFinder

Hi all. Newbie here.

Recently started looking at getting my dream car, the mighty Landshark.

Currently bitterly disappointed- a locally available car in Adelaide failed to pass muster on PPI, although I suppose $450 for the inspection was cheap to avoid the money pit it would have become.

(slight aside, many thanks to the forum for the recommendation on Buik Motorworks for the PPI, those guys certainly know their stuff and saved me some real heartache)

Was prepared to give up on the dream when I found this example online, certainly within my current price range and looks pretty nice to boot!

http://www.ksmotorcompany.com.au/cars-for-sale/PORSCHE/928/1985-PORSCHE-928-S-No-Series-COUPE/7K6X67/details?fr=13&fd=0&ft=5&fb=0

So, my question would be, any of you guys local to Perth/Myaree, or know of the previous owner or history of the car?

Bit of a long shot but I figure it's worth a try. I want to live the dream but adding to the normal worries about the car itself, now I have to worry about how the hell I get it back here......

FNT9-Resized640x480.jpg

I don't know this car specifically (it looks nice in the pics). Reading the blurb, it says it's been looked after by RennSport Motors. I do know the owner/mechanic of RennSport and he is meticulous. He owns a couple of 928's himself and knows the model intimately. Maybe call RennSport and ask what they know about the car?

I assume you know it's an import. Doesn't make a great deal of difference but it is from GB.

Also it would appear the dash is cracked hence the cover and possibly the steering wheel and seats may need recovering and the glove box is warped. All can be fixed easily.

Overall it looks ok and price is on the good side.

Whereabouts in Adelaide are you? 

Down Gawler way.

any difference to the import? I'm assuming just that it may have been exposed to Euro winters, but I would assume since its been in Aus for 15 years or so any major isues would have been noticed.

Defintely noticed the dash/seats, but given the issues the last one I looked at had, it's minor! Also have a line on a good leather interior bloke down my way who apparently works cheap-ish.

Unfortunately Andy from RennSport is on holidays at the moment, will have to wait to chat to him....

I'm Woodville way. That 928 is the same year and colour as mine but I have an all blue interior.

Import isn't really a problem but it may be a hindrance when you want to sell it as it's not Aussie delivered.

I also know a trimmer who does high end vehicles if you need one. He has done all my gear in the past and is probably the best in Adelaide and would be right up there in Australia.

Have you had any luck with getting someone to have a look at it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:35, ANF said:

Just saw this, any update on the car or your 928 chase?

Well, ackshually.........you're just the man I need to speak to, ANF.....

Found this bad boy today, apparently its down your way:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-928-1982/SSE-AD-6002444/?Cr=11

Do you know this Landshark? Looks like a decent pickup, it's only a 4.5 but in pretty good nick.....

Archived