GT4 Warranty Extension worth it

soarer

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Chris I could be wrong however I think it has to be continuous not opt out and then opt in later. Also cuts off after a certain age so maybe confirm with the dealer before you finalise your decision. 

Not not sure if the assist is wrapped into the warranty. I was told by the dealer if I have my annual service done by them then the assist is thrown in. Again all from memory not facts in front of me so I could be wrong.  I’m sure someone will home in and set us (or me) straight

Thanks as I am the original owner and will continue to get the car serviced by the dealer I do have the option of opting back in. I have it in writing. 

Yes you are correct the Porsche assist in not wrapped in with the extended warranty even though they do mention it in the letter of offer for the extended warranty. I also have it in writing that Porsche assist is free as long as the car is serviced by the dealer.

On 20/01/2019 at 17:37, Chris-p said:

It’s a factory warranty. Also just to be accurate Porsche assist is included as long as you get the car serviced at an authorized dealer. So it’s not really a part of the extended warranty. 

I have decided that due to the Km’s I do, not to bother extending the warranty at this stage. If some day I decide to sell it privately , not likely , I would consider adding it then, but 4000kms a year it doesn’t make sense financially for me to extend it....

I'd agree, seems to me cars break down due too many kms (or too much track work) and wear and tear rather than time and I'd imagine a GT4 is well built.

I'd probably do a similar or lessor amount of ks per year. My old Audi RS4 is 17 years old 53,000kms and the only problems I've ever had is a faulty EGT sensor, window washer pump, and split CV boot. I hope my new Porsche will be just as reliable though I'll probably be inclined to drive it a bit more :-)  

Though good to know that you can still extend the warranty down the track if you decide to sell, given ongoing Porsche servicing which I'd imagine isn't going to be a lot at only 4000ks per year. 

I’m sure that these cars are very well built. However for example, a few 981 owners here have had Info/Nav screens replaced under warranty. Same screen as Macan and a known issue. If it’s out of warranty, you’re up for $4,500 for a new screen plus labour to fit. Everyone’s different, but frankly I’d prefer not to have nasty surprises like that and just pay yearly for the peace of mind that I’m covered.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived