Intermittent Speedo

D-banger

Hi All,

When heeading off for the blast yesterday I noticed the speedo needle still at zero.

My initial thought was "great. todays run is not going to be recorded on the odometer". Then I thought "Shit how am I going to know what speed I'm doing".

Anyway after a couple of minutes I looked down at the speedo and it was working again.

I am concerned this may happen again when I next take the P-car out.

Anyone got any advice?

Doug

Hi Doug,

Mine stops when it has been sitting for a while (87 Carrera) I just tap the speedo on the way out of the drive and it springs back into action ( wish i did but thats another story) its been like it for 4 years and hasent let up yet Very technical but it works.

Cheers

Steve.

Hi All,

When heeading off for the blast yesterday I noticed the speedo needle still at zero.

My initial thought was "great. todays run is not going to be recorded on the odometer". Then I thought "Shit how am I going to know what speed I'm doing".

Anyway after a couple of minutes I looked down at the speedo and it was working again.

I am concerned this may happen again when I next take the P-car out.

Anyone got any advice?

Doug

hey doug, your speedo is just a little shy and pissed off at you, it has all those numbers at the top that don`t get a look in

regular exersize and stretching to the uppermost limits will ensure a healthy and happy speedo

dr. steve

Mine stops when it has been sitting for a while (87 Carrera) I just tap the speedo on the way out of the drive and it springs back into action

Steve: Yeh I had not been out for about 2 weeks. :( Tried the old "give it a tap trick" to no avail. I end up taking out the speedo and checking that all the wire connections were OK. Thats about the extent of my abilities. Hopefully it will do the trick.

hey doug, your speedo is just a little shy and pissed off at you, it has all those numbers at the top that don`t get a look in

regular exersize and stretching to the uppermost limits will ensure a healthy and happy speedo

Dr Steve: I get it, I give give the big dial a bit of a workout and the little dial to the right gets jealous. It'll have to wait for me to finally get out on a track. :)

• 10 months later...

Archived