British Stuff at Auction

Auction near Launceston over weekend of a fair bit of British stuff.  Auction heading as follows:

Major Auction of a private collection of veteran & vintage cars inc. E Type Jag, Essex, Morgans, MGs, Triumphs, & Rovers. Workshop & industrial tools & equipment. Antique furniture, china, collectables, maritime items, books, etc. -

Link to catalogue:  http://www.sherwoodauctions.com.au/?page=catalogue&view=318  Painfully laid out as it goes back to the start of the list each time you go back from a piccie.....

I'm planning to get out Friday afternoon for a bit of a look, if there's anything of any interest  to anyone PM me and I can have a look for you.  Will have a mate with me who is a previous E Type & MG owner who can probably offer specific info if needed.....

34 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Auction near Launceston over weekend of a fair bit of British stuff.  Auction heading as follows:

Major Auction of a private collection of veteran & vintage cars inc. E Type Jag, Essex, Morgans, MGs, Triumphs, & Rovers. Workshop & industrial tools & equipment. Antique furniture, china, collectables, maritime items, books, etc. -

Link to catalogue:  http://www.sherwoodauctions.com.au/?page=catalogue&view=318  Painfully laid out as it goes back to the start of the list each time you go back from a piccie.....

I'm planning to get out Friday afternoon for a bit of a look, if there's anything of any interest  to anyone PM me and I can have a look for you.  Will have a mate with me who is a previous E Type & MG owner who can probably offer specific info if needed.....

A fair bit of stuff going in that auction

45 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

What lot is the E type? Would be interested in your observations please 

Lot 674, 2nd last lot on Saturday.  Will let you know thoughts after we look at it tomorrow.  Martin will know what to look for....

11 hours ago, rafikdous said:

Pictures would be great too, thank you

Here's the catalogue one.  Turns out it is an estate sale, and I knew the owner.  He was a client for a few years, but I never knew of his interest in cars.....

showimage.php?view=318&image=674.jpg

2 hours ago, Harvs11 said:

Who ever “signed” the hood needs to be slapped. Hard!

Probably one of the 4 or 500 people that looked to be there, pretty big bogan quotient.......

But yes, the auctioneer could have prepared stuff a bit better for sale.  Wouldn't have taken long to run around with some waterless cleaner to get rid of the dust.   Also usual auction trickery, spread the good stuff to do with the one car over 3 or 4 boxes so you have to buy them all to get what you really want......