944 fog lights not working

DTC911

Hi front engine fanatics

I’m after some advice help or guidance on how I can work out why my fog lights are not working - 89 S2

the interior switch works, green light comes on

ill be honest I have zero auto electrical skill/knowledge so I’m also open to anyone. You recommend in Melbourne area to suss it out and help

thanks in advance!

Karl

The first thing I would be doing is to check the fuse Karl.

I don't know if the fuse controls anything else, but if it does, check that to, you should see what the fuses control on the fuse lid.

If you haven't got one, go down to Supercheap and get a test light to assure the lights are actually getting power https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-heavy-duty-circuit-tester---6-and-12v/5351.html

It could then be an issue with either contacts or possibly relay...………….now move to a professional, SV Auto Electrical in Ringwood (long wait) or I think any auto elec could diagnose and fix this type of problem for you.

You could also shoot the PO a text to see if he knows if they ever worked and what the problem might be, may save some time/$?

On 06/06/2019 at 18:22, Dreamr said:

Some makes of cars wire them so that they only work when the parking lights are on ... not with the headlights. Something to try at least.

I don't think this is the problem. In my experience, the AU spec S2's run the fog lights with both parking lights or main driving lights on. The 'fog light' button just makes them even brighter.