55 minutes ago, donR said:

That would be great if we could form our own Tour Group and the entry fee is a little more affordable than the Targa. I'm sure you GT3 drivers would be great tour leaders! 😉

I just wish they had some of these events in NSW! Although the drive down from Sydney can be almost as epic as these events given you go via Alpine region. 

They are very well run events and the roads they compete on are magic. We are working on the basis of 10 x cars per group, entry fee is circa $1k for the 2 x days of closed road rally stages. @Don let me know if your keen for an event and we can get a group together. 

I'm really looking forward to doing something a little more relaxed (especially with a bunch of Porsche nuts!) in the form of a tour as all of my rally experiences to date have been in competition categories. Anyone thinking of doing it just do it, hands down the best experience you'll get behind the wheel. 

Thanks Hugh, I would definitely be keen for a more affordable event with a Porsche dedicated group so please keep me in the loop. A 2 day event might also work better for Sydney Siders. I agree the tour groups are very relaxed. 

I just went through the events, not sure which has the best roads?

But maybe Lakes Entrance Sept 19-20 would be best for Sydney-siders and Canberians who want to drive down.

It would be a great drive via Kosciuszko then straight down Omeo Hwy then Great Alpine Rd on to Lakes Entrance. These alone are some of the best drivers roads. 

35 minutes ago, donR said:

Thanks Hugh, I would definitely be keen for a more affordable event with a Porsche dedicated group so please keep me in the loop. A 2 day event might also work better for Sydney Siders. I agree the tour groups are very relaxed. 

But maybe Lakes Entrance Sept 19-20 would be best for Sydney-siders and Canberians who want to drive down.

It would be a great drive via Kosciuszko then straight down Omeo Hwy then Great Alpine Rd on to Lakes Entrance. These alone are some of the best drivers roads. 

Actually Lakes might just about work for me too, put me down as an interested party

50 minutes ago, donR said:

39 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Please remind us again next year - theoretically I won't have other priorities (read doing up car) and am interested :) 

14 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Actually Lakes might just about work for me too, put me down as an interested party

I'll start another thread (don't want to hi-jack Don's!) and we can continue the conversation. 

42 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Please remind us again next year - theoretically I won't have other priorities (read doing up car) and am interested :) 

Yes. please do remind us again next year, as plan to have car suitable for this by then, and am Interested :D