Lots of S2 and Turbo 944s on carsales recently

Apogee

From the dearth of late model 944s in the previous 3-4 years - a check on carsales recently shows that there are more than five S2s for sale, quite a few are convertibles and more than a couple of Turbos (2 are Turbo S models). 

I wonder why the sudden increase in available stock - is it due to the falling house prices? What gives?

I wrote a post related to this only recently.  I bought my S2 in Dec 2016 & you couldn't get one for Love nor Money.  I must've been snaked on at least 4 cars over the time I was looking.  They literally wouldn't last 5 hours on carsales before they were sold & all were in the late 30's early 40's.  Now of course much, much cheaper (of course now that I'm thinking of moving mine on the market would flood).

I wonder if is just a coincidence or is it just people needing cash & moving toys on (as stated).  I love to live by the old adage - "Buy at the top of the market & sell when it's low - no-one like too much cash".

I don’t watch these closely, but I think any car that sold in relatively small number when new  tends to look fairly “lumpy” in terms of what’s for sale at any one time when used. 

I’ve seen different cars move through odd looking up and down price cycles over time, even for more pedestrian stuff than Porsche’s, like “limited” edition Japanese stuff. 

+ Porsche bubble is deflating ...

It even effects us lowly front engined lovers (oddly, except 924s which seem to be advertised at twice the price they were three years ago (which was twice the price they were three years before that - but I suspect 0% of them are selling).