Jump to content
Mike 66

Seam sealer or something different?

Recommended Posts


I am about to re do the underbody sealer in th rear wheel well and am wondering what “sealer” was used the bridge the gap between the outer rear fender/wing and the main internal body panel as it meets the rear window and moves towards the roof? The picture shows the outside of the area and the area underneath is where I am talking about. The “sealer” needs to bridge a gap of about 30mm I do remember pulling out some very hard stuff but I don’t think this was seam sealer or body Schutz? Any recommendations please ?





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

yep we use it in the building game The make a great range of quality polyurethanes to suit many applications :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all.

i bought the sika 221 today and ran it up into the gaps.. stood up well and easily covered the gap.  will run some Schutz over it tomorrow 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

  • Create New...