Possibly a new boxster....

GEZZA 911

Hi guys and girls I am going to check this out tomorrow have agreed a price with the seller and I may get a good deal...

Was wondering on your thoughts on it though??

Should I hold out a little longer for a better one or is this ok for the price??

Thanks for any replys in advance cheers Gerry.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wellard/cars-vans-utes/porsche-boxter-986/1008546537#

Hi Gezza, certainly looks the part, 80,000 K's .... A few little things done to it though which although probably all good would be worth checking out a bit, ie wheels, exhaust etc. I personally think he is asking too much. Probably at least 6000 too much. I would always suggest a PPI anyway, which may give you some more bargaining power if there is any repairs to be done. Don't forget the IMS issue, read about it in the posts on this forum. It is an issue and if it hasn't had the retro fit of the new bearing (around 2000.00) that would also be a talking point for the price.

I think if your happy in that price range there would be others around that would be a later model with around the same k's on it.

Not sure about that upholstery, I Guess it would grow on you, but that is my personal thing, I would have thought the black would be more popular, may also be a talking point for the price.

But it looks great in the photos, but if after you have had a look, taken it for a drive and you still like it then a PPI is definitely next thing to be done. But as I said he is really asking top dollar.

Good luck with it.

Sorry for the late reply the ad has now gone and i think he is gonna keep it....

It was a manual 1997 white for $21k with 205k on chassis and around 60k on new engine, I have emailed the seller again just waiting for reply...

Will update once he gets back to me.... Otherwise the hunt is till on for one in wa around $20k.....

Thanks for the update, price sounds a bit too high for that model, and the k's, IMO.

If you can stretch another 5 to 10k you will be able to get into a later model 986 with a lot less k's

Good luck with the hunt Gerry

Yeah not good and he aint replied to my emails now, So I reckon his wife has told him to keep it....

Looking at a nice looking 911 in yellow on ebay at the moment for $17.5k.....

See not really bothered if we get a 911 or boxster....

If you are seriously looking at Boxsters, you really shouldn't go earlier than a 2003 model. Lots of upgrades to engine and body were done then. Of course, it does depend on your budget. Pre-2000 Boxsters should be treated with great suspicion! My humble opinion only!

Archived