GT1 and Porsche magazines

I drove to Sorrento this morning where I know the newsagent has some of the Porsche magazines (most of the time), I was lucky enough to get the 2nd last GTPorsche issue 97. A cool article on the GT1 with a great side view shot on page 56! Ah yes, to sleep - perhaps to dream..... Er, to dream - perhaps to drive....

BTW, does anyone know of a newsagent that generally stocks the range of P car magazines?

Frank964

Hi Frank,

The cheltenham Newsagency has a good range most of the time. If there is something in particualr you are after, my wife Ann works there part time 1 or 2 days a week. Any I want she orders in form me but they do stock most of the porsche ones.

Cheers

Chris

Frank,

If you find yourself up in town, The Village Belle in Acland St St Kilda always have the full selection.

The GT1 article was excellent, especially the inset article about the journo that stacked it as he came in on the cool down lap!!! :blink: Don't worry, only a million and a half pounds!!!!!! :lol:

Did you see the GT1 that was in the Porsche Australia showroom a couple of years ago? It was driven down at P Is as well at the Classics day - what a glorious car, and the NOISE?!?! ;)

Cheers,

Kerry

Hey Mark,

Not surprising given your 2 cars getting around mt martha, the newsagent owner sees a good selling opportunity for Porsche mags!

Cheers

Chris

If it’s not raining you will normally see either the Turbo or GT2 @ Mt.Martha shops early Saturday am. Getting the Saturday papers & the current P-Car mags. :)

If it’s not raining you will normally see either the Turbo or GT2 @ Mt.Martha shops early Saturday am.

LOL

I am glad to see I am not the only one. My wife thinks its histerical that I will not take my P-car out in the rain (unless there is a run/blast). She tells me that the car is not made out of paper, and that the Germans also get rain! ;)

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I just bought myself the new P car magazine called 'Classic Porsche' issue No. 1, it features 356, 912 and 911 up to 89. Some great pics of cars that I didnt realise could still exist in such faultless condition. Check it out.

Frank964

Ah-ha! So its a "collection of articles from 911 & Porsche and Ultra VW magazines"... :rolleyes:

Interesting the ways publishers will "rebadge" existing material as if new isn't it? <_<

Sorry to sound jaded, its just that I've probably already got all those articles in the original mags! :(;)

Worth a look though...

Kerry

Ah-ha he retorts,.... my jaded friend. Hahahaa

It possibly is a collection of articles from previous 911 & Porsche world but it is a great compilation that is nicely put together with almost no advertising, in fact it is literally stuffed full with articles cover to cover!!!

Frank

There are some that have been P-Car fanatics forever and instantly recognise publisher's "rebadged"/"re-published" old material.

For those of you who have not been P-Car fanatics forever, I have just found out that for 20 quid (about $35) you can buy the first 50 issues of Total 911 on DVD. B):D

P-Car reading...the next best thing to going for a blast.

Doug

Archived