Need suggestions for Stage-2. 993 on a diet!

T-Man

It's been not quite a year of 993 ownership. The car has been a weekender and done just on 10,000km in 8 months.

Have enjoyed every minute and looking forward to many more hours and kms of driving.

But I can see myself in a little dilemma in the next year or two. My youngest, who just turned 11, is starting to really stretch out, to the point where in another year or so the passenger (SWMBO) in the front seat may have to push their seat quite forward to accommodate Alexander in the back. Which leads me to the rational that at that point the back seat is totally useless and I am really left with a two seater!! Now I've always wanted to improve the performance of the car and love the whole concept of the RS versions. What better way to start than to delete the rear seat!! There's bound to be a few kilograms in the back that I won't use until the grand-kids come around. Come to think of it, those front seats are pretty bloody heavy and I wouldn't mind some nice race buckets!! And if I did a 2wd conversion I could get rid of that front diff, that would save a few kgs more!!

Open to suggestions guys...............and yes, I know that I have an extra 5 kilos or so around my waist!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it's a matter of how far you want to go really. Light weight carpet with rear seat delete,RS door trims etc. Should you want some race seats let me know as I can get very good deals on new Sparco seats. A mate of mine is a retailer for them and other stuff.

I have in fact I've got a pair on the way. I should have them next week so I'll post pics for you.

I guess it a matter of how far you want to go really. Light weight carpet with rear seat delete,RS door trims etc. Should you want some race seats let me know as I can get very good deals on new Sparco seats. A mate of mine is a retailer for them and other stuff.

If fact I've got a pair on the way. I should have them next week so I'll post pics for you.

I was on the Sparco website today and was looking at the Evo2 seats. Would like to see some pics when you get them.

A little early, but I need to start planning.

Archived