996 GT3 stabiliser drop links - genuine v other

TwoHeadsTas

Not necessarily wanting to penny pinch, but I'd like to be convinced why I should pay $650 for one genuine drop link 996-343-069-92 (Front left) compared to 1/6th or less for TRW or Febi Bilstein??

Or, anyone got some sitting under the bench when they've upgraded to adjustable ones?

5 hours ago, dan_189 said:

I'm fairly sure TRW are OEM so no difference aside from the sticker.

Or you could also get Tarret Engineering adjustable links for the same price as one genuine one.

Dan, a pair of adjustables from Tarret or Elephant Racing is what I'm coming up with as the likely outcome

Check the length of what’s fitted and whether the ends or rod are bent (common problem ) . For replacement, the heim joint versions - such as brands already mentioned - don’t have the same degree of angle capacity as the standard rods. 

Superpro are willing to have a set made (they just need total length and rod end diameter) to suit the GT3 and theirs have a ‘normal ‘ rod end that can rotate similar angles to standard set up - and much cheaper than other aftermarket or factory.

ps: my front links are 160mm - on a 996.1 GT3

2 hours ago, 356993??? said:

Check the length of what’s fitted and whether the ends or rod are bent (common problem ) . For replacement, the heim joint versions - such as brands already mentioned - don’t have the same degree of angle capacity as the standard rods. 

Superpro are willing to have a set made (they just need total length and rod end diameter) to suit the GT3 and theirs have a ‘normal ‘ rod end that can rotate similar angles to standard set up - and much cheaper than other aftermarket or factory.

ps: my front links are 160mm - on a 996.1 GT3

Thanks, looks like I can't go direct so will get my local Burson to talk to them.

I've just checked my spare drop links - unfortunately they are 200mm long which is standard 996 length links, so I cant help you, unless GT3.1 (356993??? above detail) are different lengths to GT3.2.

Don't forget that the drop links are left / right oriented and if you are going to have one made up, I would seriously consider replacing both at the same time and have 2 made....

3 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

I've just checked my spare drop links - unfortunately they are 200mm long which is standard 996 length links, so I cant help you, unless GT3.1 (356993??? above detail) are different lengths to GT3.2.

Don't forget that the drop links are left / right oriented and if you are going to have one made up, I would seriously consider replacing both at the same time and have 2 made....

Stephen that was what I was thinking too...